Discussion related to the management of chronic pain for the patient in the listed case study.
Case Study Scenario
Rhonda, a 37-year-old white female, states that she transferred her care to you because she is dissatisfied with her previous primary care provider. She describes constant pain in her neck, shoulders, arms, knees, and ankles that started about 5 years ago. Sometimes her skin hurts, and her muscles ache frequently. She recovered from numerous fractures sustained in a motor vehicle accident nearly 8 years ago. She is unable to exercise owing to pain and fatigue. She is employed as a bank teller, but has missed work frequently. She has used up all of her vacation time, and is afraid that she will lose her job if she continues to call in sick. She is unable to keep up with household duties, enlisting the help of her husband. Her teenage daughter has recently been failing in school, adding to her overall stress level. She smokes one pack of cigarettes a day and drinks two glasses of wine after work. She often purchases fast food for dinner. She has frequent heartburn and non-restful, insufficient sleep. She stays in bed up to 20 hours per day on the weekends. She has become isolated from family and friends over the past year.
Current drugs include amitriptyline (Elavil) 75 mg at bedtime and ibuprofen 400 mg every 8 hours prn pain. Upon review of the patient history form, she had written voluminous notes describing her history, pain, and associated symptoms, filling in all margins of the forms.
Physical examination revealed 11/18 pairs of tender points. She was anxious and unable to sit during the interview. She meets the diagnostic criteria for major depression and anxiety. The remainder of the examination was normal. Initial assessment included myofascial pain and anxiety/depression. Amitriptyline, the first-line drug treatment for fibromyalgia is, by her report, failing. Sleep is poor, and she is anxious and depressed. Functional status is poor in physical, psychosocial, social , and vocational.
For the Discussion (Include the corresponding number below as you respond in your initial post):
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25