You are the new project manager for the operations unit of Charleston General Hospital. The hospital is facing challenges of long wait times at the ED, resulting in a high number of patients leaving without being seen (LWBS) and long admission holds in the ED. Upon initial assessment, you determine that the two challenges are related and are caused by inefficiencies in the process flow.
Develop a process map to evaluate and suggest a redesign of the current challenges. Process maps are graphical depictions of a process. The process map (flow chart) shows the sequence of tasks, decisions, and all other related activities that results from inputs and outputs.
Your map should include a visual illustration of different processes that can be employed by Charleston General to improve the flow of operations in the ED. Attach a summary of the proposed changes reflected in the process map to explain how the changes can improve performance outcomes for the ED.
A – 4 – Mastery
Process map thoroughly evaluated the selected health organization challenges with strong detail and supporting information and made connections between the identified challenges.
A – 4 – Mastery
Suggested a detailed redesign of the selected challenge with strong detail and supporting information.
A – 4 – Mastery
Process map was clearly organized, professional, and easy to read.
Who Am I? Project Manager for Operations @ Hospital
(Selected Health Organization) Facility: Hospital
CHALLENGES: A. Long wait times in the ED
B. LWBS C. Long Admission Holds In ED
CAUSES: BAD WORKFLOW (PROCESS) = INEFFICIENCIES = LONG WAIT TIMES IN THE ED
RESULTS/EFFECTS = LWBS + LONG ADMISSION HOLDS IN ED
YOUR TASK: REDESIGN OF CURRENT CHALLENGES (REDESIGN FLOW – ED Flow/ PROCESSES)
ADD PROCESSES TO EXPLAIN CHANGES THAT CAN IMPROVE PERFORMANCE OUTCOMES
SEARCH: (PROCESSES THAT IMPROVE PERFORMANCE OUTCOMES IN ED) + Long wait times + LWBS + Long Admission holds
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25