Discussion Thread: Academic Versus Applied Research
Research can take many forms. The two primary types of research conducted in the School of Business doctoral programs at Liberty University are Academic Research or Applied Research. After reviewing the Reading and Study material for this module, conducting your own outside research, and considering the two different types of research, please respond to the following questions:
1. What are the common differences between Academic Research and Applied Research?
2. When is it most appropriate to use Academic Research (also known as Scholarly Research)?
3. When is it most appropriate to use Applied Research (also known as Professional Research)?
4. What style of research interests you and why?
DISCUSSION ASSIGNMENT INSTRUCTIONS
Your response to the discussion prompt questions should be a minimum of 500 words. You must
use a minimum of three scholarly resources to support your information and 1 biblical
integration. Please save these resources as they will be used in a future assignment.
Reply to at least 2 of your classmates' threads, in at least 250 words each, building upon the
original thread or offering a contrasting viewpoint. The replies must be substantive, using at least
two scholarly resources, 1 biblical integration, and must further the discussion.
Keller, T., & Alsdorf, K. L. (2012). Every Good Endeavor: Connecting Your Work to God’s Work. New York, NY: Riverhead Books. ISBN: 9781594632822
Robson, C. & McCartan, K. (2016). Real World Research (4th ed.). West Sussex, United Kingdom: Blackwell Publishers. ISBN: 9781118745236
Discussion Thread: List Title of Thread
Define each key concept in the prompt using applicable subheadings for each new concept. Support all information with scholarly sources. Provide a clear and thorough overview of the fundamental elements relevant to each key concept.
Provide a comparison of the information you discovered in your research with what was provided in the module. Highlight any differences or commonalities and provide evidence that you have extended your understanding of this topic. Incorporate outside scholarly sources to support your discussion.
Include at least one appropriate biblical reference. Explain the applicability of your selection and how you can apply it to the topic being discussed.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25