Course name SCIN 255: Principles of Pathophysiology and Pharmacology
8 page research paper on any disease that can affect the body: HIV/AIDS
The paper must be in APA format and should include the following:
*Paper (8 pages of content/no less than 2000 words)
– A thorough description of the disease/condition
– Current statistics of those affected
– Causes, if known or suspected
– Signs and symptoms of the disease or condition
– Explanations on how the various body systems are affected
– Any medications/treatments that are available, if any.
Paper should be written in the THIRD PERSON taking the individual out of the writing and avoiding pronouns such as I, we, my, our (first person) and you, yours, your, us, we (second person). You should deal with facts and not opinions, thus providing citations within your paper and on your
reference page. Focus on the subject itself and not on your feelings about the subject. The use of third person retains a formal tone in your writing. The use of first and second person can make a document seem more casual.
|Category||Exceeds Standard||Meets Standard||Nearly Meets Standard||Does Not Meet Standard||No Evidence||Weight|
|Title Page||Contains: Title, Student Name, Course Name and Number, Instructor's Name, Date of submission||Evidence of four||Evidence of three||Evidence of two or less||Absent||5%|
|Abstract||Clearly and concisely states the paper's purpose; is engaging and thought provoking. Contains no more than 100-200 words.||Clearly states the paper's purpose.||States the paper's purpose.||Is incomplete. Has an incorrect format or has improper content.||Absent||10%|
|Introductory Paragraph||Is engaging; states the main topic; previews the structure of the paper. Does not include an over- abundance of facts and data.||States the main topic. Previews the main topics of the paper.||States the main topic; does not really preview the main topics of the paper.||There is no clear intro- duction. Does not preview the main topics of the paper.||Absent or not well done at all.||10%|
|Body||The body is well organized and has a logical format. Each paragraph has a main idea with thoughtful supporting detail sentences. There is a logical sequencing of ideas. All important infor- mation is present.||Overall reasonably well organized. Paragraph development present but not well developed. Sequencing of ideas is not totally logical. Most important infor mation is present.||Logical organization. Many paragraphs not developed properly. Some important information is lacking.||No evidence of good organization or paragraph structure. Much impor- tant information is lacking. Very poor sequencing of ideas.||Not applicable||45%|
|Sources||Evaluates and selects sources using basic criterea such as relevance to the research question and currency of the information.||Student evaluates and selects excellent sources, using multiple criteria, such as relevance to the research question and currency of the information.||Student evaluates and selects appropriate sources, using basic criteria, such as relevance and currency.||Student selects adequate sources, but does not show how criteria relate to their selection.||Student selects few and/or unrelated sources without using adequate criteria for the selection.||10%|
|Concluding Paragraph||Clearly summarizes the topic. Is engaging and restates the overall thesis of the paper. Does not contain any new material.||Restates the overall thesis of the paper. Does not completely summarize the topic.||The conclusion does not adequately restate the overall thesis. Does not truly summarize the topic.||Incomplete and/or unfocused.||Absent||10%|
|Mechanics and Word Usage||No errors in spelling, grammar or capitalization. No errors in sentence structure or word usage. Text is double spaced and has an appropriate font.||Very few errors in spelling, punctuation, word use, sentence structure, and capitalization.||Many errors in spelling, punctuation, word use, sentence structure, and capitalization. Poor format throughout.||Numerous and distracting errors. Poor format throughout.||Not applicable||10%|
&"-,Bold"&20 SCIN255 Research Paper Rubric&14
Assignment — Research Paper
Accept Until Date
Number of Submissions Allowed
Attachments checked for originality?
The topic of the research paper will be any disease or condition that could affect the body. (However, limit your topic to some disease or condtion that can be discussed in 2000 words or so. Do NOT choose “cancer” or “diabetes mellitus” or “heart disease.”) The paper must include the following:
· A thorough description of the disease/condition
· Current statistics of those affected
· Causes, if known or suspected
· Signs and symptoms of the disease or condition
· Explanations on how the various body systems are affected
· Any medications/treatments that are available, if any.
Your paper should be written in the THIRD PERSON taking the individual out of the writing and avoiding pronouns such as I, we, my, our (first person) and you, yours, your, us, we (second person). You should deal with facts and not opinions, thus providing citations within your paper and on your reference page. Focus on the subject itself and not on your feelings about the subject. The use of third person retains a formal tone in your writing. The use of first and second person can make a document seem more casual.
You are instructed to utilize The Owl at Purdue site for assistance with formatting your paper in the APA style: owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/
These following links will take you to the resources you will need to complete your paper:
· The research paper instructions :
· The SCIN255 Research Paper Scoring Rubric will show you how points are allotted in the grading of your paper.
· Some pointers/guidelines to follow when writing your paper.
· A sample APA formatted paper.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25