Promoting Change and Change Theory
As a new nurse leader, you have decided to make changes to the procedure for end-of-shift report because you have received many complaints that the report is time-consuming and has already caused frustration from the staff members. You inform the charge nurses that you would like to meet with them to get their input.
You start the meeting and begin speaking about the problems that the current method of giving end-of-shift report has caused and you would like to look at changing the method. Immediately there is a deluge of comments. One charge nurse states, ”why fix something that isn’t broken? I really don’t have time for this. I’ve worked here longer than you. Don’t you think we would have changed it before you got here?” She walks out of the meeting. The next charge nurse states, “I believe the process is really broken and I suggested changing awhile ago to a system we used at my previous job, but no one liked my idea. Now I am here wasting my time again.” [Note: you are aware of the suggestion made which you had reviewed and found out that this nurse had worked at a very large non-profit hospital and the cost to change to the suggested method was exorbitant. Your hospital is a small, for-profit hospital and there would never be funding for such a proposal]. Another nurse states, “let’s get on with this and decide. I really believe that you should decide for everyone how we are going to do it in the future because you are in charge and you should make all the decisions.”
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25